Entrepreneur support programs are a steadily growing business line for Impact Hubs and we expect up to 3,000 enterprises to participate in Impact Hub programs globally by 2022. Over the past years, Impact Hub has implemented a Trans-Local Programs Strategy for the streamlining and codification of entrepreneur support approaches, as well as shared standards, systems and practices between participating Impact Hubs and affiliated service providers for Measurement, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) within these programs.
Working together on entrepreneur support and collecting consistent evidence about what works, how and why, creates opportunities to stimulate learning and continuous improvement within Impact Hub programs, and also enables Impact Hub to become a global thought-leader on effective impact entrepreneurship and ecosystem-building. This thought-leadership role within the sector helps to build the credibility of the Impact Hub brand in entrepreneur support programming, strengthening our positioning for partnerships and fundraising. With these resources Impact Hub will be in a position to scale effective entrepreneur support and build thriving impact ecosystems globally.
Programs management and measurement platform
Impact Hub is looking for a tech consultant with a good understanding of entrepreneurial support programs that can develop an analysis of existing platforms in the market and make a recommendation on what options accommodate the Impact Hub Network needs and what are the identified challenges.
Impact Hub requirements
Program Management Essential features
- Managing program portfolios that can accommodate different profiles and permissions for program managers, program participants and mentors.
- Including program delivery templates such as diagnostics, development plans and other content developed by the Impact Hub Network.
- Having a chat/group space where cohort building activities can take place.
- Including a calendar setting or list of activities that participants can consult.
- Repository for visual documents, workshop materials and videos.
Program management nice to have features
- Mentor matching elements where participants can explore a pool of mentors and book hours with them.
- Application and selection components where participants can apply to an Impact hub program and Program Managers can score applications and manage communications with prospective participants.
- Including blueprint program components and offers that program managers from different Impact Hubs can copy and include in their own program offers.
Impact measurement essential features
- Designing and developing an impact measurement framework (theory of change or impact logic) and measurement plan (indicators, measurement rhythm, etc.).
- Data collection tools for baseline, endline, and post-program data collection (most probably survey-based).
- Data analysis and reporting: aggregating and disaggregating baseline and endline data within and across programs, preparation of data visualizations and dashboards.
Impact measurement nice to have
- Support of multiple languages.
- Activity reporting.
- Accessibility of data for entrepreneurs.
- Advanced global and regional analytic tools on the effectiveness of different entrepreneur support models in different contexts.
Scope of work
The selected consultant should review at least 5 comparable platforms used by Local Impact Hubs or other stakeholders in the entrepreneurial support sector.
We have a strong preference for service providers that work within the social/environmental impact space and that have a track record of working with organizations similar to Impact Hub. Some examples are OneValley, Babele, AcceleratorApp, Gust, Skild, Abaca, among others.
The consultant is required to gather feedback from current users and to conduct a deep analysis by accessing demo/ testing use of the systems.
Impact Hub will provide the consultant with contact information if desired.
The final deliverable should be a written analysis of the explored systems based on IH requirements and putting special attention to:
- System’s ability to meet the technical requirements of Impact hub programs
- System’s ability to provide good data intelligence for impact hub’s future of programs analysis
- System’s data privacy and GDPR compliance
- Provider’s maintenance and support capacity to serve a community of 200+ programs a year.
- Provider’s potential compatibility for integration with current Impact Hub tools (Community App- salesforce)
- Experienced professional in the field of “tech for good” with strong technical background and expertise communicating requirements and features clearly so that non-tech stakeholders can understand.
- Good understanding of Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Understanding of business support programs (incubators, accelerators) for entrepreneurs.
- Good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English).
- Able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach: entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation and exceptional execution ability.
Terms and remuneration
- The project will be delivered October-December 2021.
- For the activities listed above the consultant will receive 4,000.00 EUR for the equivalent of 20 days of work (inclusive of VAT if applicable, VAT registration required if in the EU).
- The consultancy will be conducted virtually.
Application and selection
- Please submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the deadline of 21 September 2021 EOD – your time.
- Interviews will be taking place in the first week of October.
- The consultant will be selected by a panel of Impact Hub Company staff and the Impact Hub Association Board member chairing the Tech Committee.
- This panel will compare skills, experience, knowledge, application quality, and project fit in accordance with the specifications outlined in this Call.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.