POSITION: Regional Lead for the Asia Pacific Cluster (Contractor)
REPORTS TO: Global Development Director
DURATION: September 1 2021 – August 31 2022, with the option of annual renewal
REMUNERATION: 2,200 Euro/month (fixed amount) + 3% sales commission
About Impact Hub
Impact Hub is a global network of entrepreneurial communities engaging 16,500 impact-driven entrepreneurs, innovators and changemakers. Impact Hub supports its members via more than 200 incubation, acceleration, and scaling programs annually. Each Impact Hub supports its community through community hosting services (in person and online), customised support programs, and a physical space designed for collaboration, coworking, and events. The Impact Hub network is present in 100 cities and 56 countries worldwide and continues to grow.
Every local Impact Hub is built and run by a local team and thus is deeply rooted in the local market and community. Each takes a unique shape to reflect the local context whilst preserving the core Impact Hub model and identity.
Impact Hub has been operating in Asia Pacific since 2012 and has grown to expand to 13 cities which includes Dhaka, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Kyoto, Manila, Phnom Penh, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Tbilisi, Yangon, Yerevan and Waikato.
As the regional lead for the APAC cluster, you will be in a central position to raise the profile of Impact Hub within the region and to make the cluster a success. You will work both individually and in close collaboration with the local Impact Hub representatives and the project teams to realize the strategy and achieve the goals that have been set for the cluster.
The main focus of your role will be to initiate, develop and nurture partnerships that will enable the region to accelerate its impact. You will find and create opportunities by pro-actively approaching new and existing partners, developing propositions that align with both their and our goals and values, you will close project deals and ensure a smooth follow up into execution and reporting.
Business Development & Sales
- Prospect and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities (corporates; NGO’s or governmental), build the initial relationship and manage communication with respective leads of local Impact Hubs;
- Maintain and report on a transparent leads pipeline through the use of a sales/CRM management system;
- Initiate and develop propositions (programmes and products) and project proposals for new partnerships in close collaboration with relevant local Impact Hub representatives or project teams;
- Execute and creatively manage the process of proposal writing, budgeting, pitching and sales in order to convert leads into sales and funding.
- Participate actively in Global Development Team, taking part in quarterly meetings and other coordination events as a representative of the Cluster.
- Take part in company-wide activities including the monthly Global Team Meeting.
- Coordinate and kick-off initial execution on agreed partnership packages in collaboration with and hand over to dedicated project managers where applicable;
- Liaise between the Impact Hub cluster and the partners to ensure clear communication and reporting on progress and joint targets;
- Nurture and maintain existing partners, continuously engage and inform them on regional developments and create opportunities for new projects.
Other duties & Governance
- Define an effective events representation strategy in key external conferences for the region aligned to regional goals and represent Impact Hubs in regional events where appropriate;
- Coordinate tightly – through a succinct but constant flow of information – with all elements of the Network that are pertinent to the role, including the local Impact Hubs in Asia, the Global Team – and especially the Development Team – and other Clusters and Regional groupings as appropriate. ;
- Reporting to and coordination with Global Development Director for regional strategy development
- Participation in selected Impact Hub Association/Network Calls and Meetings as required
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced in forming strategic partnerships, sales and client acquisition
- Advanced experience in fundraising and business development, which includes researching donor priorities, devising regional and thematic fundraising approaches generating leads, establishing and maintaining a pipeline of donors, writing project proposals, grants or tenders and liaising effectively with donors at all levels.
- Sound experience in project management and account management.
- Background of at least 7 years in any of the following areas: social entrepreneurship, start-up ecosystems business development and support, socio-economic development, livelihoods development, international cooperation, activism and sustainability
- Able to fill multiple roles simultaneously.
- Must be able to work remotely and have your own device
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and flexible
Apply by the 1st of August
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations to [email protected]
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Deadline for applications: 1st of August 2021.