We are looking for an inclusion and equity specialist who can support the Impact Hub Global team to review its current organizational set up (HR, culture, processes, communication & engagement, decision making etc.), train its leadership to live & practice a DEI aligned approach and outline an action plan in achieving our desired DEI ambition.
With 100+ locations, more than 16,500 members and over 1000 Makers, our global community has grown rapidly in recent years. Through our #IH2030 strategy, we intend to strengthen the ongoing support available to this globally distributed thriving community in a way that truly identifies, supports and leverages its diversity for collective good. The aim is to create even greater equity, impact and strengthen our global team’s approach to DEI through a better organizational set up, high quality leadership skills and a committed action plan.
To support this work, a consultant will be recruited to work with our leadership team and DEI facilitators to assess our set up, train our leadership and outline a further action plan.
We are looking for someone with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Designing, managing and delivering services for (and with) entrepreneurs or change makers belonging to groups often excluded from or marginalized in the entrepreneurial community.
- Delivering consultancy, capacity building and training in the fields of inclusion/accessibility/equity and organizational design to individuals and organizations operating in the social enterprise sector.
- Catalyzing successful interventions on macro and micro levels that challenge systemic equality and create more inclusive, equitable and just communities/environments/services.
- Developing and facilitating a variety of online and offline learning experiences and resources – to intermediary organizations and to entrepreneurs – that are practical, action-orientated, engaging and inspiring.
- An authentic leadership style that inspires confidence and curiosity and galvanizes a culture of ownership, self-direction, accountability and action.
- Working and communicating across different communities and cultures in a respectful way that is mindful of the local context.
- Working directly with people from marginalized and excluded groups in collaborative and empowering ways.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with a knack for conveying complex issues in a range of simple and engaging formats.
- Knowledge of the Impact Hub business and operation model will be an advantage.
- Lived experience as a member of one or more of the groups identified in this document is preferred.
- A long-standing commitment to justice and equity and strong alignment with the mission and values of Impact Hub.
- Map existing practices, mindsets and approaches related to DEI in the global team through a mix of analytical and qualitative engagements
- Desk research of current discussions and agreements
- Team survey – incl helping us how to assess this topic in a safe and effective way in such analytical engagements (also relevant for how we use this with our external target groups)
- 1 or 2 teams hosted deep dive conversations
- 1 or 2 leadership team conversations
- Develop a set of recommendations and a related action plan for achieving our desired DEI future in collaboration with the Executive Director, Management Team and our DEI facilitators
- Develop a training curriculum and implement it with our leadership team – approx 10 people – and DEI facilitators – 3 people – to strengthen our skills in leading with DEI in mind, facilitating relevant conversations and taking action confidently in support of the outlined strategy (average training time of up to 15h per person, delivered through a mix of group engagements, individual learning and self paced learning)
Terms and remuneration
- The project will be delivered February-June 2021.
- For the activities listed above the consultant will receive 5,000.00 EUR (inclusive of VAT if applicable, VAT registration required if in the EU).
- The consultancy will be conducted virtually.
Application and selection
- Please submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the deadline of 31 January 2021 EOD – your time.
- Interviews will be taking place in the second week of February.
- The consultant will be selected by a panel of Impact Hub Company staff.
- This panel will compare skills, experience, knowledge, application quality, and project fit in accordance with the specifications outlined in this Call.
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact Gabriela Gandel, Executive Director, [email protected]
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.