Building better business. Designing impactful solutions. (Re)imagining the future. This is what our community of impact-driven entrepreneurs, creators, innovators and intrapreneurs does; taking action – today – to create a better tomorrow for people and planet.
We’ve been a catalyst for entrepreneurial action for 15+ years. All big ideas start small. In our case, it was in 2005, with one community, in one city. It was a space for anyone who had an idea for a better world to meet and collaborate – a place where ideas turned into impact. Today, we are a global network of 24,250 people driving change – made up of 100+ communities in 60+ countries across 5 continents.
The Impact Hub Network is currently looking for an experienced communications professional to join our senior leadership team and take our communications activities to the next level.
This role will be responsible for brand & communications strategy, overseeing all communications campaigns, media + PR and brand development + governance. This is a broad role covering a variety of communications areas – both strategic and hands-on – and suits a self-starting individual.
The role will be overseeing an external communications team made up of a content creator and digital marketing specialist and will liaise with the internal communications lead (on a different team). This role reports to our Director of Impact Strategy and Communications and will be a part of the senior leadership team.
This position is open to applicants from any global city where Impact Hub has an existing presence. Availability for meetings between 4 pm and 7 pm CET is required.
Strategy & leadership, 30% of capacity
- Continuously develop the brand & communications strategy, with a strong focus on positioning and our brand narrative in line with our 10-year impact vision and ambition.
- Leadership of the global communications area (brand, campaigns, public relations) including day-to-day management of the team.
- Identify, develop & optimise growth channels to drive revenues and engagement.
- Liaison with different teams and members of our network as well as a diverse number of external stakeholders, including vendors.
Content + campaign strategy + implementation, 30% of capacity
- Develop and implement strategies for online communications activities and strategic global communications campaigns – ranging from topics such as impact, social entrepreneurship, climate action and inclusion (our key focus areas) – as well as oversight of a wide range of program campaigns across the globe (both corporate and institutional initiatives).
- Development and refinement of the content strategy together with the content lead and supervision of all content.
- Refinement of the digital channel strategy, analysis of marketing data and supervision of all online channels; website, email/newsletter + social media, in collaboration with the digital marketing specialist.
Brand Management, 20% of capacity
- Keep developing our visual brand, building on the upgraded visual identity launched during 2021 and related brand guidelines for the network in line with needs & strategy.
- Oversee the annual brand audit and engage local Impact Hubs in follow-up actions.
- Brand governance is another core activity of this role which includes, but isn’t limited to; dealing with infringement cases and continuously optimising our process for these situations; liaising with the onboarding team of new Impact Hubs on the brand guidelines; as well as keeping all our protocols easily available to all Impact Hubs.
Media + Public Relations, 20% of capacity
- Rebuild the media and PR strategy with a strong focus on thought leadership across our focus topics and creating new strategic partnerships around these same topics.
- Develop media relationships for the Impact Hub Network – directly and/or through vendor’s support.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to secure speaking/interview opportunities.
- Communications crisis management.
- Act as POC for media queries and craft all Impact Hub press releases.
Are we a match?
- You have direct experience with inclusion and/or environmental topics and have previous work experience in the social enterprise and/or social innovation sectors.
- You have a proven record in strategic communications, thinking and overseeing effective execution (7+ years of experience) through building and effectively managing a team and internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience in managing a network brand and developing and growing brands in a digital global environment.
- You are experienced in public relations, media stakeholder management and crisis communications.
- You are a pro at campaign planning and execution.
- You are comfortable with writing and presenting content in English (you are near-native) – and for different stakeholders.
- You are used to driving activities – and making decisions – based on communications metrics and analysis; with excellent analytical skills, you know how to leverage data, analytics and consumer behaviour trends to generate creative ideas.
- You are a hands-on professional who has worked in a small team, ideally in an entrepreneurial setup and with limited resources but lots of creativity and opportunities.
- You have client-facing B2B experience.
- You are able to holistically analyze the organization’s needs and design and execute a coherent strategy that drives strong thought leadership positioning, visibility and engagement.
- You are a fast learner, who has the ability to manage in high complexity, unknown situations and be a calming force when conflict arises.
- Role: Global Head of Brand & Communications.
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor if outside of Austria or Germany, employment if based in Austria or Germany, if in Europe VAT registration required.
- Reporting: Global Director of Impact Strategy and Communications.
- We are looking for a full-time engagement with a flexible working schedule.
- Contract length: From start date one year fixed term contract. Strong intention of extension into a rolling agreement, based on performance. 3 months probationary period.
- Team engagement: Member of the Global Impact and Communications Team; direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe as well as exciting partners.
- Location: Ideally the selected candidate is based in a location with a running Impact Hub, or is willing to relocate to an Impact Hub location at own cost. Please be mindful that the majority of the global team is in the European timezone. Availability for meetings between 4 and 7 pm CET is required.
- Remuneration (independent contractor): 5,000 Euros gross per month. Cost of Living Adjustment applicable as compared to Vienna, Austria. 25 days of paid time off annually.
Please submit your application here with the title “Global Head of Brand & Communications” by December 8, 2021. Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
- The application should include:
- A CV.
- A short description of why you and Impact Hub are made for each other, what you could bring to this position and what you see as the biggest opportunity for our communications in order for our global Impact Hub brand to thrive and be more engaging.
- 2-3 work examples.
- Preferred starting date for the position: February 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible based on negotiation.
- Please note that candidates will only be considered if all required documentation is provided.
- Upon initial screening, interviews as well as assignments will be conducted. Two notes of recommendation from professional contacts including direct contact details may also be requested.
- In case of any questions, please email [email protected] with the subject “Global Head of Brand & Communications”.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.