Impact cannot happen in isolation. It requires collective action. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined team of over 1,000 staff locally and globally, we are the largest global network that inspires, connects and enables people to build a more just & sustainable world through their entrepreneurial solutions.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. Join us!
Started in 2005 as a single location in London, our global network has grown significantly in the past years both in terms of Impact Hubs, members and partnerships, leading to a need for more advanced financial, legal and administrative partnerships & programs operations to mature & professionalise our work.
In recent years, Impact Hub has run an increasing number of trans-local programs (programs delivered in collaboration with multiple local Impact Hubs). Many of the programs provide effective support to impact entrepreneurs, others drive innovation inside larger organizations and corporate partners or facilitate collaboration within the social innovation and small and growing business sectors.
We now need a hands-on colleague with a passion for systems, automation and efficiency to join our team as our Global Programs Lead. The role will support the setup and oversee our portfolio of global partnerships & programs (planning, budgeting, portfolio management). It will also oversee the implementation of essential project management & monitoring systems in the network and our global team.
The role reports to the Global Programs Manager. The selected candidate will need to be fluent in English and have 3+ years of relevant professional experience. The role can be based in any location with an Impact Hub within a GMT +/-4h time zone (please be aware that most of the programs managed by this role will be run in CET +/- 1 timezone).
Our perfect match will have a sound understanding and practical knowledge of entrepreneur support programs, multiple programs management, financial & legal setup of programs, stakeholders engagement, virtual team working and operational systems development and implementation.
In addition to the outlined professional experience, we are looking for an individual that is reliable, trustworthy, thinks and communicates in a structured manner, is an independent and fast learner and can manage stakeholders independently & effectively. Most importantly, we look for a person who aligns with our values of trust, courage and collaboration whilst being an agent of positive change through their work and ethic.
If you are our match, we will be excited to offer you the job of a lifetime! Why? First, because you’ll be part of a high-performing, entrepreneurial & exciting team, covering over 12 nationalities and bringing in a diversity of skill sets, perspectives, and worldviews. Second, because we work with and for hard-working, passionate and inspiring Impact Hubs staff across 60+ countries. And thirdly, because we support 16,500 of the world’s best impact entrepreneurs to succeed. This is a once in a lifetime learning environment, a launchpad for your international & entrepreneurial experience in the responsible business & impact sector!
1) Translocal programs management → 0.4 FTE
- Program design and implementation
- Managing local PMs and engagement of local Impact Hubs
- Reporting to funders and partners
- Regular check on plans, budget, team progress
- Coordinate scope changes and renegotiations
- Engaging account managers around key points of each program
2) Programs portfolio oversight → 0.4 FTE
- Oversight of global programs
- Managing stakeholder engagement with local Impact Hubs and external partners
- Portfolio financial and strategic analysis
- Hosting programs review, learning and collaboration sessions
- Coordination with IHco’s areas involved in programs such as comms, finance, impact measurement and tech.
3) Programs systems and operations → 0.2 FTE
- Support the implementation of programs systems and processes.
- Lead on the implementation of the Programs Tech systems and continuous upgrade – including capacity building of the global team and local IH’s.
- Role: Full-Time
- Team Engagement: a member of the global team with a coordinating role in a functional area
- Location: Based in an existing Impact Hub in GMT +/- 4-hour time difference (please be aware that most of the programs managed by this role will be run in CET +/- 1 timezone).
- Contract: Minimum 1 year with annual performance review and potential for a contract extension.
- Remuneration: 2,900-3,300 EUR monthly (total cost to the company as an independent contractor) depending on seniority and experience at 1 FTE, lower capacity will trigger a pro-rata remuneration. If based in Germany or Austria the successful candidate would have a standard employment contract – the gross salary would need to be calculated individually.
- Citizenship/visa: Please note that Impact Hub GmbH will not be able to provide any visa process support. In case you live in a different country than your country of citizenship, you need to have an appropriate employment/independent contractor visa/permit for the respective country to be considered.
- Reporting: Direct report to Impact Hub Global Programs Manager
- Impact Hub membership, travel support, holidays & additional development days included.
Are You Interested?
- Upload a compact CV and a 1-page motivation letter with the subject line “Global Programs Lead” here before the 21st February 2021 (11 pm GMT).
- If you have questions, please send an email to [email protected]
- The first round of interviews will be held between 25 and 26 February
- The second round of interviews will be held on the morning of 3 of March (GMT).
- Applicants may be required to complete an exercise prior to the interview.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.