Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ Impact Hub locations, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1,000 Makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society.
From Amsterdam to Accra, Manila to Ottawa – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
Impact Hub is looking for a Global Partnerships Support role to join our global Partnerships & Programs team and help us build strategic partnerships on behalf of the Impact Hub network. The Global Partnerships Support role will work closely with our Global Partnerships & Programs Director and Impact Hub’s global Partnerships & Programs team in the following areas:
Supporting internal and external meetings
- Scheduling calls with partners and Impact Hubs around partnership and funding opportunities
- Taking minutes and coordinating follow up
Internal team coordination support
- Coordinating pipeline updates and reporting on team KPIs
- Managing team Google Drive and other resources
- Coordinating follow up of internal meetings
Proposal development support
- Gathering relevant existing materials for use in new proposals
- Visual design of proposals and presentations (does not include the production of new content)
Account management support
- Providing support and participating in regular touchpoints with assigned partners
- Compiling and distributing a newsletter and other materials to partners
Managing [email protected] email address
- Responding to incoming emails
- Distributing relevant emails within the team
- Travel bookings for the team
- Support of two Directors on other administrative tasks
- Full member of the global team with participation in key team meetings
- Main collaboration with and direct report to Global Partnerships & Programs Director, general coordination and cooperation with the global team and local network representatives expected.
- Participation in selected meetings of the global Partnerships & Programs team
Why do it?
- To support Impact Hub in the development and management of key global partnerships and programs
- To work in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic, and flexible global environment with lots of room for autonomy and self-expression.
- To get the chance to work alongside highly committed pioneers in building a global movement for impact and innovation.
- To be part of a steadily growing network of 1,000+ Makers and 16,500+ members of Impact Hub around the world.
- To have an opportunity to learn, to develop personally and professionally
Are we a match?
- You have relevant work experience in several of the following areas: administrative support, project management, and coordination, visual design of documents
- You have an interest in the field of social impact, social entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- You have a natural interest in working with entrepreneurs, key partners, and stakeholders.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator in English. You have a talent for succinctly capturing conversations and outputs of meetings.
- You have a natural eye for detail and clean design when developing proposals and sales materials and have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- You have good analytical skills – both when working with numeric as well as textual information.
- You are comfortable communicating with key stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
- You are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, global start-up environment.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach: entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation, and exceptional execution ability.
- Role: Full-Time; Position: Global Partnerships Support/Assistant
- Team Engagement: a member of the global team with a coordinating role in a functional area
- Location: Based in an existing Impact Hub in Europe or Africa (in the CET time zone or 1-hour time difference)
- Remuneration: 1,000 – 1,500 EUR per month – total cost to the company as an independent contractor. If based in Germany or Austria, the successful candidate would have a standard employment contract – the gross salary would need to be calculated individually.
- Contract: Minimum 1 year with annual performance review and potential for a contract extension.
- Citizenship/visa: Please note that Impact Hub GmbH will not be able to provide any visa process support. In case you live in a different country than your country of citizenship, you need to have an appropriate employment/independent contractor visa/permit for the respective country to be considered.
- Reporting: Direct reporting to Impact Hub Global Partnerships & Programs Director
- CV or Resume.
- Cover letter outlining why you and Impact Hub are made for each other.
- One letter of recommendation from your previous manager or director.
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews will be conducted with selected applicants.
- Preferred starting date for the position: April 1st, 2021.
- Please enter your application by February 17th (midnight CET), including the following documents via this online form.
In case of any questions, please email [email protected] with the subject “Global Partnerships Support”.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.