Impact Hub is looking for people with a track record in fundraising and experience in coaching who can support Impact Hubs to achieve their fundraising and business development goals.
With 100+ locations, more than 16,000 members and over 1000 Makers, our global community has grown rapidly in recent years. Through our Translocal Program Strategy, we intend to strengthen the support available to this globally distributed thriving community. The aim is to create an even greater impact and strengthen Impact Hubs’ local and global business models through effective cross-location programs and services and their efficient and effective delivery.
As part of Impact Hub’s Translocal Program Strategy, twelve Impact Hubs are to be supported by a dedicated coach to address specific fundraising or business development challenges they are facing.
Each Coach will be remunerated for their time (see below) and have opportunities to collaborate with the Global team and the wider pool coaches to learn from the insights coming from this project and develop more strategic translocal activity.
We are looking for people with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Fundraising with a broad range of corporate, public/statutory and multilateral donors (working with all three categories of donor is desirable, but not essential)
- Fundraising for global programs (transnational)
- Fundraising for strategic work
- Fundraising for and selling for multi-year programs
- Developing funding/revenue models for sustainable program practice
- Providing structured, one-to-one and goal-focused coaching support to individuals and organizations
- Delivering training relating to business development
Key activities and timescale (all virtual)
- Attend a 1 hour Set-Up meeting convened by Impact Hub Global (August 2020)
- Develop an Action Plan and provide four 1.5 hour coaching sessions with each designated coachee (September – December 2020)
- Attend a 2 hour Insight Meeting convened by Impact Hub Global to map participant needs (September 2020)
- Deliver one deep-dive session (approx. 3 hours) for each designated coachee (October/November 2020)
- Attend a 2 hour final meeting convened by Impact Hub Global (December 2020)
- Provide feedback on resources codified by Impact Hub Global as a result of the program (approx. 1 hour) (December 2020)
- For each coaching relationship, the Coach will receive 1000.00 EUR (inclusive of VAT if applicable).
- Each Coach will receive 500.00 EUR (inclusive of VAT if applicable) for their participation in the group meetings and feedback identified above.
- The initial pool of coaches for 2020 will be small (approx. 4 people) so it is possible that each Coach will be assigned more than one coachee.
Application and selection
- To apply for this opportunity please complete this Google Form before the deadline of 4 pm CEST 15 July 2020.
- Coaches will be selected by 1 August by a panel of three members from the Impact Hub Global team.
- This panel will compare skills, experience, application quality and project fit in accordance with the requirements and context outlined in this Call.
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact Tom Johnson, Programs Capacity Builder: [email protected].