Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ Impact Hub locations, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1,000 Makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society.
From Amsterdam to Accra, Manila to Ottawa – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
Impact Hub is looking for a creative Digital Marketing Specialist to join us to take our digital channels to the next level.
- Master of the Digital Channel Strategy with global social media channels and internal platform for members & partners communications responsibility and lots of room for creativity and growth.
- Social Media Management – Refinement and further development of strategy for all social channels, including our internal platform for members & partners communications. Frequent content creation and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn – including analytics, monitoring of engagement, etc.
- Community Management on social channels.
- Creation, management and execution of campaigns on social channels including the creation of packages for campaigns for the network (social media samples, social media guidance for execution, etc.).
- Content Management for social channels (strategy, editorial calendar, content creation, commissioning).
- Refinement and further development of existing content strategy (SDG focused) together with Communications Director (developing goals, determining topics and focal points, leading the development of the initiatives, etc.).
- Development of Editorial Calendar with Communications Director & Brand & Communications Lead.
- Commissioning and management of freelancers for content creation where necessary.
- Global Website maintenance and updates.
- External newsletter curation.
- Liaison with social media teams of partnering institutions and Impact Hubs across the network, e.g. for cross-promotions or joint campaigning.
Are we a match?
- Ideally, you have some experience with inclusion and/or environmental topics and have previous work experience in the SE/SI sectors.
- You are experienced in digital campaigning and performance marketing (incl. lead generation).
- You are experienced with SEO & SEA.
- You can think strategy and love to apply that knowledge to not just achieve your goals but to also take your area to the next level that supports our overall network’s strategy to become an engaging thought leader.
- You are able to holistically analyze our channels and design and execute a coherent strategy that drives traffic, engagement and conversions.
- You are a (near -) native speaker in English who can confidently and flawlessly write and engage various audiences on multiple channels.
- You do so by adapting our brand voice to channel-and audience-specific messaging for specific targets
- You are able to identify trends and opportunities and can translate them into smart interventions for our network.
- You are ideally able to design basic graphics and imagery for social media.
- You consider yourself a Digital Native.
- You are able to work with vendors where necessary.
- Ideally, you have some agency experience as well.
- Ideally, you have a passion for design or writing.
- You are a hands-on professional who has worked in a small team, ideally in an entrepreneurial setup and with limited resources but lots of creativity, passion and opportunities.
- Role: Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor if outside of Austria or Germany, employment if based in Austria or Germany, if in Europe VAT registration required.
- Reporting: Communications Director.
- We are looking for a full-time engagement (40 hours per week) with a flexible working schedule.
- Contract length: from start date one year fixed term contract. Strong intention of extension into a rolling agreement, based on performance. 3 months probationary period.
- Team engagement: Member of the Global Brand Communications Team; direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe and a number of exciting partners.
- Location: Ideally the selected candidate is based in a location with a running Impact Hub, or is willing to relocate to an Impact Hub location at own cost. Please be mindful that the majority of the global team is in the European timezone.
- Remuneration (independent contractor): 3500-4500 Euros gross per month, incl. cost of living adaptation to the respective country of the applicant.
- Allowances and other contributions: full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conference and events; membership at Impact Hub; other expenses (i.e. phone, etc.) on a needs basis; 25 days holidays and additional development days; access to all company systems for work and communication.
- Please submit your application at [email protected] with the title “Digital Marketing Specialist”. Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis. As long as the position is online, it is still open.
- The application should include:
- A CV
- A short description of why you and Impact Hub are made for each other, what you could bring to this position and what you see as the biggest opportunity for our social media channels in order for our global Impact Hub brand to thrive
- Reference or work example (either link to your work or offer practical insights)
- We will start the interview process as of week 3 in 2021
- Preferred starting date for the position: February 2021, up for negotiation
- In case of any questions, please email [email protected] with the subject “Digital Marketing Specialist”.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.