We are looking for an Impact Branding & Social Media Coordinator to join us as a member of our global team and become part of the world’s largest social enterprise and innovation network!
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 24,000 members around the world, and a combined global team of over 1000 Makers (staff members), we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects, and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Starting in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team. Reporting to the Global Director of Brand & Communications, and working closely with the Impact Measurement and Network Development team, the successful candidate pushes our operations, creativity and strategy on Impact Brand communications and our Social Media presence. You also will be working closely with our Global Campaign Lead on all content and reporting for our internal and external stakeholders. Hand in hand with our 2030 vision, you will be part of an exciting journey where we have the ambition to reach and influence 100 Million Impact Makers soon. This is a broad role and suits a self-starting individual that is experienced in working remotely with a global team.
Impact communication operations, 40% of capacity
- Source, harvest and index all our impact stories and publications. You will be the go-to person in our organisation for putting together and managing our impact stories library.
- Liaise closely with the program teams to support with written and visual content for campaigns, which range from entrepreneur scouting campaigns to the dissemination of consortium findings and report edits – and Impact Hub growth campaigns to climate action communication activities
- Work with the Impact Measurement team to translate complex reporting into appealing visual content and infographics.
Social Media strategy & execution, 40% of capacity
- Refinement and further development of a strategy for all social channels, including our internal platform for members. Creation of content assets and engagement funnel concepts based on audience segments- including analytics, monitoring of engagement
- Co-develop our Multimedia strategy with the B&C team, where you will be responsible for developing innovative video content tactics that communicate the impact that’s locally rooted with a global perspective.
- Execution of our video content tactics; script writing, direction, project management and editing.
- Build Social media campaign toolkits and engage local Impact Hubs in amplifying campaign messaging across the globe (when applicable).
- Report on campaign/channel performance, both internally and to program partners
- Collaborate with internal communications (on another team) to achieve optimal alignment across messaging that target external as well as internal audiences.
- Liaison with social media teams of partnering institutions and Impact Hubs across the network, e.g. for cross-promotions or joint campaigning.
Brand Governance operations, 10% of capacity
- Manage our global network Brand Operations mailadres thoroughly.
- Conduct small and large scale brand analyses from trademark & infringement perspective.
- Support the B&C team with on/off boarding of local Hubs.
Event organization, 10% of capacity
- Review ROI on past events and propose an online event strategy going forward
- Organize online events; from finding and briefing speakers, to promoting events and facilitation..
- Photography and video shooting during company events abroad.
- You have a record in brand, marketing & communications, implementing and overseeing effective execution (2+ years of experience)
- You are a pro at Social Media planning and execution.
- You are comfortable with writing in-depth pieces and presenting visual attractive content in English (you are near-native) – and for different stakeholders.
- You are used to driving activities – and making decisions – based on marketing & communications metrics and analysis; with excellent analytical skills you know how to leverage data, analytics and consumer behaviour trends to generate creative ideas
- You have previous work experience in the social enterprise and/or social innovation sectors and know how to work & think holistically within a large network that bets on high involvement in community-building.
- You have a great eye for appealing design, storytelling, and photo & video content and are fully skilled with design solutions such as the complete Adobe Suite, Canva and Figma.
- You are a hands-on professional who has worked in a small team, ideally in an entrepreneurial setup and with limited resources but lots of creativity and opportunities.
- You have client-facing B2B experience
- You are a fast learner, who has the ability to execute in high complexity and unknown situations.
- Title: Impact Branding & Social Media Coordinator
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor if outside of Austria or Germany, employment, if based in Austria or Germany, if in Europe, VAT registration required.
- Reporting to: Global Director Brand & Communications
- Engagement: Full-time (1 FTE) with a flexible working schedule and flexible work location.
- Contract length: One-year fixed term contract with a strong intention of extension into a rolling agreement, based on performance; 3 months probationary period.
- Team engagement: Member of the Impact Measurement and Global Brand & Communications Team dispersed across the globe but the majority of the global team is based in European timezones; Direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe as well as exciting partners.
- Location: Based in a location with a running Impact Hub ideally with a maximum of 4 hours time difference with GMT (this is desired rather than essential).
- Remuneration: 2,400 -3,000 EUR (total cost to the company as an independent contractor) subject to Cost of Living Adjustments based on country of residence, seniority and experience at 1 FTE.
- Paid holidays: 25 days of paid time off annually and the local public holidays and extras.
- Allowances and other contributions: coverage of travel costs and allowance according to company policy, full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conferences, and events; 30 EUR monthly allowance for use of own equipment; Membership and Workplace at local Impact Hub; other expenses (i.e., phone, etc.) on a needs basis; access to all company systems for work and communication.
- Preferred starting date: As soon as possible, ideally August 1st, 2022
- Please submit your application directory to [email protected] by July 8, 2022.
- Applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
- The application should include:
- A CV
- A short description of why you and Impact Hub are made for each other, what you could bring to this position and what you see as the biggest opportunity for our Social Media for our global Impact Hub brand to thrive and be more engaging.
- 2-3 work examples
- Preferred starting date for the position: August 1, 2022
- Please note that candidates will only be considered if all required documentation is provided.
- Upon initial screening, interviews as well as assignments will be conducted. Two notes of recommendation from professional contacts including direct contact details may also be requested.
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.