Impact cannot happen in isolation. It requires collective action. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 16,500 members around the world and a combined team of over 1,000 staff locally and globally, we are the largest global network that inspires, connects and enables people to build a more just & sustainable world through their entrepreneurial solutions.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. Join us!
We are looking for a hands-on colleague with a passion for systems, automation and efficiency to join our team as HR Operations Coordinator. The role will support and drive our Human Resources agendas for our global team in compliance with company policies and local regulations. It will also oversee recruitment processes, manage the employee experience, lead the annual appraisal process and support team building and team development initiatives.
Our perfect match will have a sound understanding and practical knowledge of HR operations, virtual team management and team building and experience in HR systems development and implementation. Moreover, we are looking for an individual that is reliable, trustworthy, thinks and communicates in a structured manner, is an independent and fast learner and has experience in working in a virtual context, given that our team is distributed globally. Most importantly, we look for a person who aligns with our values of trust, courage and collaboration whilst being an agent of positive change through their work and ethic.
If you are our match, we will be excited to offer you the job of a lifetime!
First, because you’ll be part of a high performing, entrepreneurial & exciting team, covering over 12 nationalities and bringing in a diversity of skill sets, perspectives and worldviews. Second, because we work with and for hard-working, passionate and inspiring Impact Hubs staff across 60+ countries. And thirdly, because we support 16,500 of the world’s best impact entrepreneurs to succeed. This is a once in a lifetime learning environment, a launchpad for your international & entrepreneurial experience in the responsible business & impact sector!
HR Administration & Monitoring (40% – 8h a week)
- Design, lead and continuously improve HR processes and policies including recruitment, contracting, onboarding, HR policies, compensation & benefits, termination etc.
- Reviewing and upgrading HR systems and management of Zoho People (HR tool for time tracking, holiday allowances etc.).
- Monitoring of company regulations & compliance (incl timesheets for local employees, holidays & leaves management, etc.).
- Coordinating with payroll companies in Austria and Germany.
- Keeping track of applicable legal requirements concerning HR practices within the organization and driving initiatives to stay in compliance.
Recruitment, Onboarding & Contracting (35% – 7h a week)
- Leading the full team member experience from recruitment, onboarding, contracting, regular support to offboarding.
- Improving the Impact Hub Onboarding Process (Company Wiki, HR Welcome Booklets).
- Coordinating and leading the onboarding processes for new team members.
Organizational Structure (10% – 2h a week)
- Assisting in any structural HR- and Organizational structure and Design/Change.
- Steering and continuous improvement of HR Administration for all team members worldwide.
- Filling and knowledge management for the HR documentation.
Team Appraisal & Development (15% – 3h a week)
- Assist in Team Development and additional HR projects.
- Coordinating the implementation and optimization of the annual appraisal process.
- Researching team development needs, designing and coordinating the delivery of relevant team development activities.
- Hosting and Coordinating Team Calls.
Key skills required
- Strong command (advanced or fluent only) of German & English in written and oral formats.
- Ability to self organise, take initiative and propose solutions.
- Attention to detail and ability to implement agreed projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong comfort with online systems management and online communication & work management.
- Ability to empathise and work effectively with various cultures & personalities.
- Background in HR operations (1-2 years of experience) ideally in small & entrepreneurial teams.
- Role: Part-Time, 20 hours – ideally in a contractor relationship but also possible in an employment relationship.
- Team Engagement: A member of the global team with a coordinating role in a functional area.
- Location: Based in an existing Impact Hub in the DACH region or in CET +/-1 time zone (please be aware that most of the programs managed by this role will be run in CET +/- 1 time zone).
- Contract: Minimum 1 year with annual performance review and potential for a permanent contract thereafter.
- Remuneration: 1,250-1,750 EUR monthly gross (total cost to company as an independent contractor) depending on seniority and experience.
- Citizenship/visa: Please note that Impact Hub GmbH will not be able to provide any visa process support. In case you live in a different country than your country of citizenship, you need to have an appropriate employment/independent contractor visa/permit for the respective country to be considered.
- Reporting: Direct report to Impact Hub Executive Director.
- Impact Hub membership, travel support, holidays & additional development days included.
Are You Interested?
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.