Impact Hub is looking for a Dealbook Writer to support our programs team in the delivery of the second edition of Deep Dive Africa (DDA), a program that seeks to bring investment capital to carefully handpicked startups in Accra, Lagos, Kigali and Nairobi.
The Dealbook Writer will support the DDA team by creating the Deep Dive Africa Dealbook, a FOMO inducing tool intended to pique the interest of investors who might be curious about the possibility of investing in Africa but are perhaps hesitant to do so given the global pandemic. The Dealbook will feature stories about ventures from the Deep Dive Africa program and present a Virtual Due Diligence Framework to aid potential deal flow. Investors will have the chance to engage with ventures of their interest. The ventures will be presented through anecdotal stories coupled with facts about revenue, product margins, business performance, track record and impact. The Dealbook Writer will report directly to the Regional Program Manager.
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is the place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 24,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1,000 makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us as Dealbook Writer. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the context of post-COVID economic recovery.
- Interview and compile critical company data for 40 ventures (i.e. revenue, product margins, business performance, track record and impact) in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Rwanda.
- Write 40 short anecdotal stories (300 words each) about interviewed ventures.
- Liaise with the Deep Dive Africa Team to create the Deep Dive Africa Dealbook.
Why do it
- To bring increased visibility and voice to a purpose-driven global network of more than 24,000 social innovators across five continents.
- To gain experience in an internal-external, far-reaching, multi-channel, multi-stakeholder role.
- To work in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and flexible global environment with lots of room for autonomy and self-expression.
- To get the chance to work alongside highly committed pioneers in building a global movement for impact and innovation.
- To have an opportunity to learn, to develop personally and professionally.
Are we a match?
- You have experience in facilitating investment for early-stage ventures (preferably in Africa);
- experience in sales and/or marketing;
- a strong network of venture capital and impact investors;
- strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- ability to deliver at pace and to achieve the overall mission.
- Role: Deep Dive Africa Dealbook Writer
- Position: Part-time to Full-time (0.7 FTE) for a period of 1,5 months
- Engagement: Independent contractor
- Reporting: Regional Programs Manager
- Location: Remote
- Remuneration (independent contractor): 3,600 EUR. The contractor will be responsible for paying their VAT and other local taxes applicable.
- Contract: 1,5 months contract from mid-January 2022.
Please send your application to [email protected] no later than midday CET Wednesday 19th January 2022 including the following documents:
- CV or Resume
- Brief motivation letter
- The subject of the email should be “DDA 2021 Dealbook Writer”
In case of any questions, please email [email protected]
At Impact Hub, we are committed to achieving diversity within our workforce and encourage all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, disabilities, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.