We are looking for a Global Impact Communications intern 2023 to join our global team and become part of the world’s largest social enterprise and innovation network!
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 110+ open Impact Hubs, more than 25.000 members around the world, and a combined global team of over 1000 Makers (staff members), we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects, and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Starting in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team. Reporting to the Impact Branding & Communications Coordinator, working closely with the Global Director of Brand & Communications and the Content & Campaigns lead, you will be working remotely with our team around the globe.
Are you intrigued by the world of social entrepreneurship? Would you consider yourself creative, curious, and research-oriented? And do you strive to make the world a more sustainable and just place? Then we have the right opportunity for you. Apply now to learn all about impact communications!
As a Global Impact Communications intern at Impact Hub, you will support the Brand & Communications team in successfully delivering media and digital marketing activities. During your internship, you will be working on a wide variety of multimedia communications projects
- Impact copywriting and editing for social media. Write and edit social media posts for various campaigns and targeting a wide range of audiences.
- Blog and website content. Support the communications team with the creation (writing) of blog posts and programme pages on our global website.
- Build newsletters. Together with the Content & Campaigns lead, you’ll be in charge of creating our external newsletter in Mailchimp.
- Create webpages. Build pages that support our programmes in WordPress
- Team engagement and general administration. Attend regular global team meetings (weekly virtual meetings) and participate in relevant strategy workshops or network gatherings.
- Sourcing and collecting stories from our network. Support updating our Story Library and creating an optimised flow to collect these stories.
Are we a match?
- You have affinity with or experience in the field of communication.
- You are no stranger to social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
- You are comfortable with writing in-depth pieces, love to dive in deep when it comes to researching social and environmental impact, and know how to present visually attractive content in English (you are near-native).
- You have a great eye for appealing design, storytelling, and photo & video content and have experience working with Canva and Figma (Adobe Cloud is a pre)
- You are a hands-on communications enthusiast and a fast learner.
- You are no stranger when it comes to WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva and Figma (Adobe Cloud and Hootsuite are a pre)
- Term: between 5 to 7 months, role starts on 21 February, with a one-month probation period and two weeks’ notice
- Legal form: independent contractor
- Remuneration: 500 EUR
- Working time: 32-40 hours per week with a flexible working schedule, yet agreed core working hours
Based in a location with a running Impact Hub ideally with a maximum of 4 hours time difference with CET (this is desired rather than essential). No relocation stipends available.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until February 14. Please send your application to [email protected], including the following documents:
- CV or resume
- Brief cover letter (350 words) outlining why you are a perfect match for the intern role at Impact Hub
- Upon initial screening, brief interviews may be conducted
In case of any questions, please email [email protected]
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.