Impact Hub Global is looking for a Program Manager & Startup Accelerator Lead to work with our Programs team to support the management and delivery of the second interaction of Deep Dive Africa, a program that seeks to bring investment capital to carefully handpicked startups in Accra, Lagos, Kigali and Nairobi. This position is open to Impact Hub Makers based in West Africa (preferably based in one of the participating Impact Hubs but not exclusive).
Applicants should be part of Impact Hub’s staff or members. This role will be linked to the Programs and Partnerships team within our global team and will directly report to the Global Programs Lead.
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is the place to make them happen. We are a global network of 24.250 people driving change, made up of 100+ communities in 60+ countries across 5 continents. We have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. We started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub and have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us as the Deep Dive Africa Program Manager & Startup Accelerator Lead. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the context of post-COVID economic recovery.
The Program Manager will be responsible for designing the overarching program and consulting with the local teams on their localisation of the content. Leading the regular update calls between implementers and resolving issues with local partners and will be expected to liaise with, cultivate good working relationships, and host the framework of collaboration with the various program participants, GIZ/Make-IT representatives, Impact Hub local staff and other stakeholders while implementing the program.
- Liaising with the funder and aligning program implementation activities, finance, procurement and admin requirements to match their needs in coordination with local program managers and global & local finance leads.
- Coordinating program planning and delivery activities, ensuring the timely delivery of content delivery, business support elements, communications, impact measurement and partnerships, among others.
- Hosting update sessions with various partner hubs, to discuss weekly updates, and share successes and learnings from implemented activities to inform best practices moving forward in program delivery.
- Designing and implementing the program acceleration curriculum to support the selected ventures to get investment-ready.
- Ensuring taut management of milestones, due processes and progress of partner hubs and selected startups throughout the program and investor engagements.
- Operational coordination and scheduling of online sessions with other team members, participants and facilitators/trainers.
- Regular check on plans, budget and team progress.
- Program systems set up and implementation.
- Coordinating all stakeholders involved in program delivery based on multiple locations.
- Ongoing monitoring, data collection, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the global Impact Measurement team.
Why do it
- To support, advance and shape innovation processes in the COVID economic recovery context.
- To source early-stage investment capital for African companies that have proven product-market fit but are not able to raise either a pre-seed or seed rounds of funding, to pursue growth.
- To ensure that venture capital investors from outside of Africa have new opportunities for investment in the region.
- To strengthen your skills in coordinating regional programs, especially liaising with international development partners and government agencies.
- To gain experience working and leading large-scale processes with cultures from around the world.
- To advance your knowledge of key innovation tools and methodologies.
- To join Impact Hub’s global team that hosts and supports the global network of Impact Hubs.
Are we a match?
- You have experience with management for multi-stakeholder programs, particularly in a regional or international context.
- You are a team worker and able to build relationships across a wide range of organizations and partners.
- You are a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English).
- You have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have delivered projects with one of the widely used project management tools.
- You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
- You have previous experience in understanding diverse market dynamics and can work across different cultures in a respectful way to the local reality.
- You are passionate about and immersed in relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of innovation.
- You are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, international environment.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the impact hub approach: entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation and exceptional execution ability.
- You have experience and networks in access to capital for entrepreneurs in the African region.
- Role: Program Manager.
- Position: Part-time to Full-time (0.7 FTE).
- Team Engagement: Independent contractor.
- Reporting: Programs and Partnerships Operations Manager.
- Location: West Africa (preferably Accra or Lagos).
- Remuneration (independent contractor): EUR 13,500 for the full duration of the contract. The contractor will be responsible for paying their VAT and other local taxes applicable.
- Contract: 7 months contract from agreed start date with 1 month probation period.
- Please send your application to [email protected] including the following documents:
– CV or Resume
– Brief motivation letter
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews will be conducted.
- Application deadline: 13 October 2021
- In case of any questions, please email [email protected]
Impact Hub is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.